Access Database Install format (32 bit or 64 Bit)
Since version 2010, Microsoft has produced the Access Database in both a 32 Bit version and a 64 bit versions
Many of the free sample databases downloaded from our website require a specific MS Access Database program bitness to be installed on the target PC. Accordingly, our software installer inspects the PC and will install the version of the database sample that matches the BIT version of the Microsoft Access Database program installed on the PC. To find out which bit version of the database sample was installed look at the name of the database file. For instance, if the Assets Management Database sample was installed the file name(s) will be similar to:
- Assets Management V2 (32) - or - Assets Management V2 (32 Bit Version)
- Assets Management V2 (64) (64 Bit Version)
If you do not have a version of Microsoft Access Database installed on your computer, and you delined the option to install Access runtime when prompted by the installer, see FAQ page about Access Runtime
Identify the Access Database (MS Office) Installed Bit Format
If you have not installed any of our free access database samples but would still like to know what Bitness version of Microsoft Access database is installed on your computer follow these steps:
- Start the Access Database program on your PC and then open any database, or create a new blank database.
- With any access database open, click the 'FILE' tab at the top of the page and then click the 'ACCOUNT' option
- In the 'About Microsoft Access Database' dialog box look at the version information located on the top line. The installed BIT 32 / 64 version is loacted at the end of the line.
If Microsoft Access Database is not installed as part of your Microsoft Office installation, but you would like to know what Bitness version of Misrosoft Office is installed on your computer then open the 'Word' program.
- With Word open, click the 'FILE' tab at the top of the page and then click the 'ACCOUNT' option
- In the About Microsoft Word dialog box look at the version information located on the top line. The installed BIT 32 / 64 version is loacted at the end of the line.